How to Select a Home Care Agency
- Client rights are explained and observed at all times.
- Confidentiality is assured and maintained at all times.
- Ongoing professional assessment begins with the agency’s first encounter with the client/family and is continuous.
- Services are available and supervised 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Planning for care includes the client, family, and home care team.
- Community resources are accessed appropriately.
- Infection control processes are in place and monitored.
- Employees are screened, bonded, and held accountable to the agency.
- Insurance is adequate for employee, agency and client protection.
- Staff competency is evaluated and upgraded constantly.
- Staff is provided with adequate resources to deliver quality and safe care.
- Supervisory support and guidance is available at all times.
- Billing Practices are ethical, consistent, fair and explained thoroughly.
It’s your right to ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable about your decision.